Monday, November 21, 2011

Paint so safe you can EAT IT!

We have found a very very safe paint company made by ECOSPAINTS and this paint is so safe and non-toxic and NO VOC’s at all, that you can literally EAT IT!!! We were able to use the paint for ceiling and walls and had no fumes whatsoever. It was such a pleasant experience to not have to worry about airing the place out, having someone else do the paint etc. I could be in the rooms while they were being painted.......I'm telling you, I was just so amazed! It sure felt so good to not have to worry about our health suffering due to paint. 

My fiance' has asthma and I have MCS, so, it was extremely important that the paint we used be NO VOC, not just low-voc. In the past, I had used Sherwin Williams Harmony paint in one of my bedrooms and at the time, I had no idea that tinting it would add voc's to the paint and they didn't tell me either, even though I was very adamant about needing it to be voc free and no fumes etc.  It did have fumes, not as much as it would've if it was regular paint, but years later, there is still a smell in that room.  :( We no longer live there. 

Please, I urge anyone to go to to look at the products they have and order FREE samples if you like! I DID! Last year, I ordered about 10 different colors and they even ship the samples FREE too! So, there is NO reason not to try them out. They have a full color brochure online to choose from and if you want that sent in your sample order (which I highly recommend since computer screens can alter the true color a bit) include that in your order as well. In the photo above you can see the color brochure, the paint samples I ordered and I included 2 of the cans of paint we decided on so you can see how they are packaged. We ended up ordering quite a bit of paint, actually, because this new place we moved to needed every room painted. So, the whole interior of the house.

Before I had placed my order, I called and spoke with them because I had many questions having MCS and they were extremely friendly and helpful! They are a 20+ year old company from the UK and now have a place here in the USA in SC. They will even custom order colors for you and still NO VOC’s in the paint. I am not kidding ~ you could eat it if you wanted to and it would not hurt you one bit! When people tell me their products are “mcs safe”, one of the first things I ask them is, “can you eat/drink/ingest it” and that shocks them, but it gets the point across that it must not be THAT safe if you can’t do that! To me SAFEST means FOOD GRADE ingredients and ECOSPAINTS IS that company! I know I probably sound like a salesman from the company, but I assure you I am not. I just like to spread the word about great products that are MCS safe when I find them.  God Bless and good luck to all with MCS and finding safe products to use whatever project you are doing. 

Next time you need, stain, paint, varnishes, please turn to and give them a try. You will not be disappointed and you will not be recovering from any toxic fumes.  :)  Thank you ECOSPAINTS!!!

****Just a note of warning that I really feel I must add due to a horrible experience with another company. We were going to move into a friend's house apartment and he needed his hardwood floors redone and we knew that if regular polyurethane was used there would be no chance of us living there. So, I searched and searched for safe products to use and came across AFM Safecoat polyurethane. It was worse than if we had chosen Minwax water based polyurethane. The product never even cured after weeks and it smelled to high heaven. We'd tried everything to get rid of the fumes from PureAyre, zeolite, kitty litter with carbon granules, vinegar, heat, airing the place out, large cans of coffee granules etc. NOTHING worked. I could not even attempt to enter the premises! The tenants upstairs were even complaining to our friend (their landlord) about the fumes in their apartment! We contacted AFM about the horrible fumes and the fact that the product never cured and we never got a response! In the end the floor had to be sanded and redone with a regular product and we didn't move in. So, although I am sure AFM may have SOME products that are safe, our experience was one we wouldn't wish on anyone and I certainly can't recommend them. If you do a search on it, you will find others that had horrible experiences also. One family couldn't move into their home after a professional applied it because the smell was just too toxic! Just because "safe" is in the name, doesn't mean it is.

~ Just trying to live as normal a life as I can one day at a time.


  1. I had a similar experience with AFM interior gloss paint used on the ceiling of a bathroom. It REEKED. Even the painters complained about it.

    1. That is very interesting! Makes you wonder what is so "safe" about it!